Monday, September 12, 2005

Third Year Rocks So Far

Well I've only been in third year for a day now, but it was a really good (although long) day. I sat in class from eight thirty to eleven thirty, then went to get changed for research and eat lunch. Get this. I left my shoes in the bathroom when I was getting changed! I only noticed just now...Jenn and I went to get them and they were still there. That was lucky and that's the last time I get changed at school. I'll wear my professional dress to school next time.

Anyway I have Cyndee in clinical for the next six weeks which is nice...I like Cyndee and her marking tends to go along with my work. I get good marks with her. It turned out my client was almost ready to deliver so they said they'd call when she was an hour away so we could watch. Well they called at fiveish and she delivered around six thirty. We watched that one, and then for the next one (yes there were two deliveries) we got to help with things like taking in the scale, and taking mom's bp. It was amazing.

Tomorrow I have to do research and then actually go to the hospital where I get to take care of my client and her baby. I really like this rotation so far.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

We had a student nurse assist with Libby when she was born...she got to mass her and measure her...she loved it...I think it must be a really fun job to have :)