Friday, September 16, 2005

First Clinical at Obs.

I decided to blog from here (ms office) so I could change my font…and I’m not posting a picture so it works out okay. My first day at clinical was AMAZING. I love being in OBS and think I will add it to my list of places I might want to work when I become an RN. I got to take an IV out of a person, something that scared me at first when Cyndee said “okay what do you do first” because I didn’t exactly read up on it. But I did it okay anyway even though I had my group watching me. I almost got to do an IM injection on a baby, but Kelly did it. My mother was wonderful too. She did everything by the book and if you told her to do something she’d do it. I was sad to say goodbye to her actually. I got to give a medication and found I was much less worked up about it than when I would do it during intersession. I still had to say the stuff out loud three times…Cyndee puts a lot of trust in us though and let me go in by myself. That kind of scared me…the trust she gave. But it was nice too. I can’t believe how much we are to know this year already…and the fact that I still know it makes me feel better. I can’t wait to do the rest of my rotations.

No comments: