Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Running For The Cure

So I set up the account on the cibc website for the CBU Nursing Society team for Run for the Cure. I was waiting for school to start so I could bring it up at a meeting, but then found out I have to register by the sixteenth...next friday! So I emailed Clare (a prof, and the society advisor) and she said go for it. I now have to get people to join and donations for myself.

Want to donate? you can go here to do it. This is the message in the email I'm going to send out to people as well:

I am participating in the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run forthe Cure, on Sunday, October 2, 2005, and I am asking for your support.I am one of more than 170,000 participants who will all be walking orrunning on October 2. The money I raise will go to fund breast cancerresearch, education and awareness programs across the country.I need your support because with it, the Foundation can continue to fundthe research and programs that are helping improve the quality of life forfamilies touched by breast cancer.Donating online is quick, easy and secure! You can pay by VISA,MasterCard or American Express. Within 20 minutes, you will receive a taxreceipt for any donation that has been successfully received.

My next step will be to ask people from around here, and get my mom to ask people from work too. Wish me luck!

No comments: