Monday, February 27, 2006

Home From The Cruise

I miss my little cabin already, but today I went to pick up the cats and dogs...I really missed them and they were all so happy to see me...that makes it okay to be home. And of course it was right back into the grind of school. But onto more important things..the cruise details!

First off we had a blast. Everyone agreed that the only problem was it was way too short! I think we all liked Mexico the best, although I just recently heard that two Canadians were killed down there which was kind of scary. I'm wondering what the situation was around that. In Mexico we went on a Jeep ride and then to passion island...also known as Ilsa Passion. It was all inclusive and we had real Mexican salsa and guacamole. We also got our hair in wraps...that's when they use the thread stuff. In the Caymens we went on a tour that included a stop at the turtle farm, hell and stingray city. We liked the turtle farm the best because we could hold the turtles and they weren't scary like the stingrays! Then in Jamaica we went to Dunn's River Falls, the dolphin cove and a beach. Heather went in Survivor on the boat and we made a boat for the contest and won a trophy. Most of our fun days at sea were spent lazing in the sun and swimming.

The first set of pictures are us fitting our life jackets for the safety drill. we had to go to our mustar stations to make sure we knew where to go and all that. We have the four of us with the parrots, me, my mom and Heather ready for dinner on our second formal night, and me trying out real mexican tequila (YUCK!) . Then we have a picture of the boat on one of our days at sea...the lido deck really gets busy! Next two of the towel babies, our jeep ride in mexico, Meeting the lizard in Jamaica, meeting the turtle in the Caymen's and climbing Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica. When my dad gets his pictures up I'll post more because he has some really good ones.

No comments: