Tuesday, October 11, 2005

No More Browser Blues + Thanksgiving + Clinical


Hurrah! My blog is finally letting me post pictures again! Yesterday we had the MacKillops over for thanksgiving turkey...here's my dad cutting the turkey while we're waiting for them to come over. My mom made Yams, which I never had before but got really excited when I found out she was making them because they spell "thanksgiving" in all the books. Turns out they're sweet potatoes with brown sugar/water/butter in them. YUMMY! Here's my mom making the yams...checking to see if they're done.


After supper my uncle Ron decided he needed to sleep it off in front of the TV and my mom and aunt Sharon went blog looking on the computer while we all sipped our coffee.







Susie and Lily decided they needed special thanksgiving neckers for the occation as well. There's susie modeling with Heather on the sofa, and lily outside with her necker on to greet the visiters. When dinner was over I had to go upstairs and continue the homework I had been working on all weekend: my major careplan that was due today. I finally got it finished at 9:00 last night and passed it in today. I had a pretty busy weekend either working at seaview or working on that project so I'm going to have a nap after I end this and then get up to study for my Obs. test next week. I am also finished on the Obs. floor because next week I go to the mother/baby clinic where I will help do assessments on babies who went home and are coming back for check ups. Today I gave my second ever IM to an adult...benadryl. It was just as scary as the first, but just as easy to do as well. When I was done, as we were walking back to the med room Cyndee looked at me and said "Nice Needle" I was very impressed with that. I also got to do the discharge on a client. I had a really good time at Obs. After next week I start Med-Surg.









1 comment:

kawara said...

Wow, that turkey looks good!