Friday, November 25, 2005

Yuk Yuks And Harry Potter



Amanda, Chrissy, Lydia, Angela, Crystal and I went to the yuk yuk's at the membertou trade and convention center. Mary and Morley met us there, they came with Val and her dad. And when we got there we found shae and crew as well. It was an okay night, although there were only two comedians and they didn't stay on long. It was X rated as well, but not too bad anyway.

And two weeks ago Heather, Sherri, Jenn and I went to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. That was amazing. It went away from the book quite a bit, but still stayed close enough that it wasn't horribly different. Below is a picture of heather before we left. She discovered a "firebolt" in our kitchen and just had to try it out. I think she missed the snitch.

On other news meds went really well two weeks ago, and I mentored this past week. Basically you float around the floor and pray that something exciting will happen or a skill will come up for grabs...and help out the girls on meds by taking vitals and helping with am care. I was lucky. I got to do a catheter (my first one) and could have done two dressing changes if we had time. I was allowed to pick from a picc line or a jelonet change, and since I've never done one or seen one I picked the picc line. It wasn't hard at all and I got to prime another TPN to go in the picc. the scary part was changing the caps. You have to get the person to hold their breath or else they could get an air embolus that leads to the heart! Scary stuff. When I was doing the catheter I was trying to put on my sterile gloves, but they were a little different than the ones we practiced with and I couldn't find the thumb to know where to put it. Anyway long story short I pulled down the cuff and the thumb was actually on the back of my hand. Debbie laughed. I turned beet red. She said I did a good job though, both with my skills and my charting. Tuesday is our last day and then it's time to get into exams.

No comments: