After consideration, John and Dana picked Ewen Frances MacKenzie Whyte as the name of the new baby. I think that's a good name. I was looking through pictures of him and he looked a little jaundice in some of them, then in a few more he had this neat blanket that seemed to light up by itself. Jaundice, of course, is caused by an elevated billiruben which is usually caused because the liver is not breaking down the blood cells quick enough. Very common in babies. Anyway light helps it break down faster. Sunlight is best, but here in Cape Breton they take the baby in the NICU until the billi is down to a happy level (<250 in babys 48hrs, and <300 in those 72hrs) This blanket, apparently called a billiblanket (my friends sister is taking her LPN's in PEI and they have these blankets too) allows the baby to move around, be with the family and still get that needed light to help break down the billi. It's amazing the things we can do. Anyway I digress. This picture is absolutely beautiful...Angus holding Ewen and looking so happy to have his little brother with him. I hope as they grow that they will be close and always be there for each other.
Friday, November 25, 2005
And It's Ewen
After consideration, John and Dana picked Ewen Frances MacKenzie Whyte as the name of the new baby. I think that's a good name. I was looking through pictures of him and he looked a little jaundice in some of them, then in a few more he had this neat blanket that seemed to light up by itself. Jaundice, of course, is caused by an elevated billiruben which is usually caused because the liver is not breaking down the blood cells quick enough. Very common in babies. Anyway light helps it break down faster. Sunlight is best, but here in Cape Breton they take the baby in the NICU until the billi is down to a happy level (<250 in babys 48hrs, and <300 in those 72hrs) This blanket, apparently called a billiblanket (my friends sister is taking her LPN's in PEI and they have these blankets too) allows the baby to move around, be with the family and still get that needed light to help break down the billi. It's amazing the things we can do. Anyway I digress. This picture is absolutely beautiful...Angus holding Ewen and looking so happy to have his little brother with him. I hope as they grow that they will be close and always be there for each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment