Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Med Surg Clinical

I thought I'd finally post a quick update of my nursing life. I started my med surg clinical rotation two weeks ago on Four C. This floor is very familiar to me, and it's also a lot like intersession (4B). I have Debbie for a clinical instructor which is awesome...she's an amazing nurse. They all are. I am amazed that Debbie can go into a room and within ten minutes find out loads of information from a client. Just from making one comment "I hear a bit of accent..sounds like highlands" How did she even know that? I sometimes find I'm spending too much time on skills and not enough on communication skills. Through that ten minute conversation we were able to find out that the lady was indeed from the highlands and was allergic to shellfish. It was just amazing.

Anyway next week I'm on meds so that'll be interesting. For now I have to go study more med surg for the morning. ABG's! Yey!

Oh and I'll have some clinical pictures soon too....one of the girls had her camera with her today.

No comments: