Sunday, August 14, 2005

My Weekend

This weekend, besides working I did some significantly fun things.

First, on Saturday I went to the Aid For Africa concert in Sydney. If you want to find out more about all of this you can go here . It was a really good concert. It went for twelve hours starting at noon, but I was there from four onward. I saw Mae and Isabelle (people from work) and quite a bit of my extended family. Jenn came with me as well. We saw Aslyn Debison, Eric Angus Whyte, some other chick who's name I didn't catch, slowcoaster (the best bar none) and Gordie Sampson. I have to say I didn't get a good first impression with him a few years back at the Big Pond concert...but he did a really good job at this one and even made a song I hated sound better.

Today (Sunday) I worked seven to twelve and then my parents, Jenn and I went to some fancy place whose name I can't remember with John, Dana and Angus. Jenn and I had a good time teaching Angus how to use his imagination (for example, a rock became a plane and gave him twenty minutes of entertainment) and his parents actually got to go swimming together and have a conversation with my parents for an hour or so. It was a good time even though the water was like ice.

My dad took his camera today and yesterday so I'll have to get all the pictures sent to me. I think I'm going to do it tomorrow if I get the chance. If not soon. Marianne is coming home tomorrow with Libby so I'll have pictures from that too.

No comments: