
Last night Chrissy and I went to see this movie, and it was just amazing. I read the book a few years back when I was at MSVU for one of my classes so I was very excited when it went to film. I was also worried it wouldn't be good because I often find movies aren't as good as the books they were written from. However, the writers hit this one right on the head, and Hilary Swank played the leading role perfectly...the new teacher in her teaching clothes complete with pearls. For those who don't know the movie is about a new teacher who is put in charge of a problem class mostly made up of minority groups. All were members of a gang and felt they were never going to amount to anything in the world. Erin Gruelle showed them they could become someone, and they eventually all went to College....many being the first in their families to graduate from high school and get secondary education. Definitely go see this movie.

No comments:
Post a Comment