School is going pretty good. I threw myself into my studies and can't believe I've been back almost a month already. I miss having Amanda and Chrissy and Anglea in my classes, but that was my own fault for choosing my profs before they did. It's not too bad, just weird not seeing them in the morning. Tonight I got started on our big project..it's worth thirty five percent of our final mark. We have to find an older adult and do a full wellness assessment on them. Yikes. But I can do this...I know I can. I have Cyndee for my clinical instructor so that's nice. I don't have Judy this simester, but that's okay...I still see her lots anyway. I also have to find a family to assess...didn't do that yet. I like my pharmacology prof Odette. She's really nice, but she has an accent that I have to get use to. So far it's not too bad and she's so sweet. And I have my crew in that class so that's good too.
So I went to work yesterday and the place is closed because of the flu. We weren't allowed in the different departments and three residents were in Hospital for different reasons. I walked in and Jeanette was like "Hands, Face, Bum and get them dressed that's all I ask" so I picked a resident and got started. Besides that I had to chase some of them around who didn't understand that they couldn't be out of the rooms. And we had to go around with Diatary and give out the trays because they wouldn't go in the rooms. And one of the residents died. Everytime we ran out of something we had to call Wanda, one of the in-charges, and get her to bring it to us. I never felt so secluded before...just having the doors closed was insane. Then in the middle of all that we had a huge leak in the celing. Lovely. I was never so happy to leave that place at five. And yet...I loved the rush that we had. I love being a nurse.
I guess that's it for now. Tomorrow I'm going skiing after school and I can't wait. Then Thursday I have to come up with five goals for Friday. And get some Zelda in there somewhere too...Busy week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment