Sunday, June 04, 2006

Teddy Bear Nurse

It's always important when you have a teddy bear picnic to have some able bodied nurses on hand to care for them when they get hurt, or in this case some able bodied nursing students with two wonderful instructors to watch our progress.

Today was the IWK telethon which brodcasts over the maritimes and raises money for the IWK Children's Hospital (where I am going to work in a week!!!) It was a pretty good turnout although it was cloudy most of the day and got pretty cold after two. The minute we got there we adopted some teddys who needed a good home, and fixed their wounds from their journey here.

We also went a little gauze crazy. Elizabeth and I did a Mission Impossible type gauze ambush on Judy, we then fixed up Screech the Screaming Eagle mascot. After that we decided Chad Denny, the hockey player, needed some fixin's. The picture I'm putting up right now doesn't really show all that we did to the poor boy, but once I get Judy's copy I'll put a better one up.

No comments: