So technically I've been back to school for a week, although it started Tuesday and ended today. The majority of my week was spent doing stuff for Mental health, which is my first clinical rotation. We did our CPI recert, which stands for Crisis Prevention and Intervention. It's interesting. I didn't really buy into it the first time I took it because it seems to easy, but I actually used the wrist grab exit one day at work. The resident wasn't being violent, she just likes to grab things and her grip is hard to break. Tuesday afternoon some people from Crossroads came to talk to us. I'd never heard of this until now. Crossroads is a part of Clubhouse, which is a program for Mental Health Consumers who are unable to be fully controled by medication, and have a hard time integrating back into the community. It gives them a chance to gain social skills and work in different jobs around the community for minimum wadge. One of the guys there told us when he first went to crossroads he couldn't imagine speaking in front of a groub, yet there he was helping to give the presentation.
I was worried about Mental Health rotation when I first started the year, but now I'm getting excited about it. It's a different thing for me...Obs wasn't scary because I've been around babies and MedSurg was the same as intersession. Mental Health is new. We already learned a lot in the first class. This coming week I go to detox which I think is going to be interesting as well. The rest of the "week" went fine, today was the same as it's always been...long...0830 to 1430...yikes! On monday I'll have my first Pediactric class and I can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment